Saturday, May 22, 2010

words

There are good words and bad words. Words that you are expected to say at church and words you are expected to say to your friends. Some words are for kids and some words are for parents. Everyone uses words. This page is covered to words. 


And now, I am expected to write 2,500 words about a topic I don't really care about and call it an essay. 


Sometimes, essays are useless. I know the material, the teacher knows I know the material, and at this point, this particular essay just feels like punishment. I wish I could just pull a Breakfast Club and write an essay about how the essay topic is too confining and I would rather not write it. 


I can poem all day, blog all day, text all day, and of course I can talk all day, but writing an essay that I don't want to write is the most painfully annoying process in the world. Please make the hurt stop. 


Dear Dr. Cheng-Levine,
I accept the fact that I had to sacrifice a year of my life to attend community college because the United States doesn't know how to budget well enough to give me a free education, despite the fact that I am entirely deserving, but I think you are crazy for making me write an essay telling you what I think American Literature is. You see it as you want to see it, in the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions. But what I found out is that American Literature is Post-Modernist, New Historicist, Feminist, Eco-Critical, Deconstructionist, and Multiculturalist.  

Does that answer your question?


Sincerely yours, 
amg


[This message was brought to you by procrastination. Helping me write profound things on the internet, when I should be essaying since 2004.]


Embedding on this was disabled, and I couldn't html cheat the system. Blame Washington.
Breakfast Club speech that I stole


No comments:

Post a Comment