Sunday, May 23, 2010

Slam!

I have a love for slam poetry. The first time I ever went to a poetry slam was the first time I ever experienced one of those weird, defining moments were the world stops and you look around and think "this is awesome." That feeling didn't come from a person or love or death or anything like that, but from a room filled to the sweaty brim of people, all focused on one person telling everything about themselves or calling everyone to action using a combination of words that you never even knew existed. 


And yeah, people snap in real life. 


Basically, I just wanted everyone in the world (or the 2 people that read this blog) to know how awesome slam poetry is.


Here is a good one.
It was tough for me to choose.
That is how good slam poetry is.
get happy, 
amg
 

2 comments: